Discount Wedding Catering Athens GA
Wedding Catering: 10 Ways to Save on Wedding Catering Costs
The money you spend on wedding catering is typically the most expensive part of the wedding budget. Very often, couples look for ways to save money on catering and still give their wedding guests a great party. Here are ten tips to help you trim your wedding catering budget:
1. Know what your food and beverage budget is and share that number with prospective caterers. This will give them the opportunity to give you a proposal with the best menu(s) that you can afford.
2. Limit the number of courses you serve. Stick with a salad and entree and serve your wedding cake for dessert.
3. Plan your wedding around breakfast, lunch or dessert. Meals at these times typically have smaller portions, so you will save money on food,and less alcohol is typically served, so you will save on bar costs.
4. Shorten your cocktail hour to 45 minutes and reduce the number of hors d’oeuvres that you serve. This will save money on both food and bar.
5. Butler-pass your horsd’oeuvres rather than having stations.Your servers can control the speed with which your hors d’oeuvres are served so you can order less without running out.
6. Choose a plated meal rather than a buffet. When a caterer prepares a buffet, he has to prepare portions for more than your guest count so food doesn’t run out if a guest takes a larger portion. Plated meals have set portions, so you don’t have to spend money for extra food.
7. Order chicken or vegetarian rather than beef or fish. Chicken is almost always less expensive and it appeals to a wider range of people.
8. Choose a time other than Friday or Saturday night for your wedding reception. You can often get a better deal on off-times rather than prime times.
9. Provide your own alcohol. Some off-premise caterers will allow you to purchase alcohol on your own. This can offer great savings, especially if you purchase from a place that will allow you to return unopened bottles.
10. Get an...
Wedding Receptions: 6 Tips for Selecting a Caterer
Once you’ve reserved your venue, the next step is to select a caterer for your wedding reception. A seasoned wedding catering company can handle these two critical elements as well as any other situations that may arise. Here, we’ve identified six tips for selecting the perfect caterer for your wedding reception.
1. Ask for references
Talk to you your friends and family and ask for references and listen carefully to what they say. Ask things like, Did you get everything you ordered? Did the caterer add a little something extra that made things even better? How did the room look when you first entered it? Was the food good and was there enough for everyone? As with most service-centered needs, word-of-mouth referrals are often the best ways to find resources.
2. Check the reputation
You can often find vendor reviews on wedding Websites. Been there/done that brides can be a great help for find services. However, always look at the scope of the reviews instead of focusing on one bad recommendation.
3. Review the contract carefully
Some wedding catering companies charge separate fees for activities such as cutting and serving wedding cake. Read all fine print and ask for clarification before signing the contract. This will help you avoid getting stuck with a bill later for items that weren’t clearly stated in the agreement.
4. Ask about the staff
A good caterer has an experienced well trained staff and that means they are well paid. They may ...